Nutrition & Fitness
6 Tips To Staying Healthy
In today's world, it's so easy to get so caught up in the busyness of everyday life, that we end up neglecting the most important thing that we need in order to keep up with it all...our HEALTH. Want to know how to be healthy? Here are 6 staying healthy tips.
Staying Healthy Tips - How to Be Healthy
- helps maintain the balance of body fluids
- can help control calories (keeps you from drinking higher calorie drinks)
- helps energize muscles
- helps keep skin looking good
- helps your kidneys
- helps maintain normal bowel function
(2) Sleep is SO important! In a blog on sleep, Medical News Today talks about why getting enough sleep is essential for helping a person maintain optimal health and well-being. When it comes to our health, sleep is as vital as regular exercise and eating a balanced diet. The following are 9 benefits that they state come from getting plenty of sleep:
- better productivity and concentration
- lower weight gain risk
- better calorie regulation
- greater athletic performance
- lower risk of heart disease
- more social and emotional intelligence
- preventing depression
- lower inflammation in the body
- stronger immune system
(3) Getting regular excercise is a must! I discovered many benefits of regular excercise on sharecare.com. People who engage in regular exercise dramatically reduce their risk of developing the following diseases: heart disease, stroke, obesity, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, arthritis, breast and cervical cancer for women, prostate cancer for men, colon cancer, lung cancer, depression, osteoporosis, Sarcopenia (muscle loss), dementia, and Alzheimer’s.
(4) Eat a balanced diet. Per healthline.com, a balanced diet is one that gives your body the nutrients it needs to function correctly. To get the proper nutrition from your diet, you should consume the majority of your daily calories in:
- fresh fruits
- fresh vegetables
- whole grains
- lean proteins
(5) Go outside every day to get natural Vitamin D. Harvard Medical School states that Sunlight hitting the skin begins a process that leads to the creation and activation of vitamin D. Studies suggest that this vitamin helps fight certain conditions, from osteoporosis and cancer to depression and heart attacks. Limited sun exposure (don't overdo it), supplemented with vitamin D pills if necessary, is a good regimen. Going outside and getting fresh air can also be beneficial for your emotional health.
(6) I’m a huge believer in getting a chiropractic adjustment at least once a month. Chiropractic care can boost your immunity, improve your digestion, increase your energy, may be able to lower your blood pressure, and can help you breathe better.